At ESTRO 35 (April 29 – May 3, at Lingotto Fiere in Turin), Elekta will demonstrate a full range of radiotherapy planning and delivery solutions, including Leksell Gamma Knife® Icon™ and Versa HD™ – the latest in a long line of radiosurgery solutions designed to help clinicians advance patient care.
Leksell Gamma Knife Icon was introduced less than a year ago and has seen remarkable adoption around the world. “Elekta is committed to providing customers with innovative solutions that go beyond and enable them to expand their clinical capabilities,” says Francois Pointurier, Senior Vice President, Region Europe and AFLAME at Elekta. “With Icon, clinicians can now achieve the same level of accuracy with either a frameless or frame-based solution.”
Elekta’s Versa HD linear accelerator delivers complex stereotactic indications accurately and efficiently with true image and dose guidance. Versa HD’s efficiency and precise dose planning and delivery are enhanced when combined with Monaco® 5.11 – Elekta’s latest treatment planning system, where accuracy and speed go hand in hand.
At ESTRO 35, Elekta will unveil a new option for treating cervical cancer. Venezia™*, an advanced gynecological applicator, will enable clinicians to easily reach the cervix, parametrium and vaginal extensions in stage IIIA and IIIB tumors– previously difficult to reach with current brachytherapy techniques. The combination of Flexitron® treatment delivery and Oncentra Brachy® treatment planning with Venezia provides a truly integrated brachytherapy solution. To learn more, visit the Elekta booth for a demonstration.
Other premier solution highlights and on-booth demonstrations include:
- MOSAIQ® oncology information system – offers automated decision support for more-informed clinical decision making. MOSAIQ connects to virtually any treatment planning tool or delivery device.
- Elekta Healthcare Analytics – enables physicians to harness the vast amount of data available in the health care enterprise, providing dashboards and reports to accelerate data analysis and improve decision making. EHA integrates seamlessly with MOSAIQ and METRIQ®.
- Elekta Assurance – designed to manage machine QA and potential errors during delivery.
- Elekta Cloud Solutions – allows customers to concentrate on their clinical workflow and objectives while being confident that their Elekta software is running in a secure and optimized location.
Elekta announces hosting solution partnership
Elekta is launching the first hosting solution offering outside the U.S. for MOSAIQ radiation and medical oncology information systems and Monaco treatment planning systems. Elekta has signed an agreement with Telstra, a key cloud partner, to increase the geographic footprint and provide the next level of oncology software hosting solutions for our customers. Telstra is Australia’s leading telecommunications and information services company, offering a full range of communications services with an international presence.
ESTRO lunch symposium
Lunch symposium topics include Dr. Alison Cameron, from the Bristol Gamma Knife Centre, speaking about the clinical experience of Leksell Gamma Knife Icon; Dr. Kevin Franks, from St. James’s Institute of Oncology, discussing lung stereotactic ablative radiotherapy with Versa HD; and Professor Richard Pötter, from Vienna General Hospital, telling about innovations in cervical cancer treatment and improving patient outcomes.
* Venezia™ is not yet CE Marked and not available for commercial distribution.